When you first start out in business it's important to understand the difference between the profit you have forecasted and your actual cashflow profit. A number of things effect your cashflow one main item being the timing between invoicing a customer and receiving the payment.
Your profit and loss report may show a positive surplus after invoicing your customers however for cash purposes you maybe showing a deficit until you receive the actual payment.
ANZ bank are holding free seminars which go through how to maintain your cashflow and help you understand how to make a profit. If you have just started up in business we suggest you check it out:
AN INVITATION TO
How to make profit and maintain cashflow
Business owners who want to achieve financial success and want to avoid those cashflow surprises along the way.
Cashflow is the life blood of any business
- Understand why is it important to manage your business cashflow
- How to prepare a Profitability budget
- How to prepare a cashflow budget (and why it differs from a profit forecast)
- Tips to improve cashflow by maximising revenue and controlling costs using breakeven analysis
- How to establish terms of trade
- How to collect your debtors (Accounts Receivable) - it's your money after all!
DATE: Tuesday, May 12, 2015
TIME: 5.30 pm – Duration 3 Hours
VENUE: Mills Reef Winery, 143 Moffat Road, Bethlehem, Tauranga
Please RSVP by:
- Registering online
- By replying to Diane Sandford - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07 557 7329